We organized the day together with our partners Avnet Silica and Renesas. The most important thing for us was to give the participants a coherent picture. For example, how they can deal more easily with the challenges that the IIoT will undoubtedly pose in the future.
A brief excerpt from the agenda:
- Market trends in factory and process automation: IIoT, safety and security – status quo and outlook (MESCO).
- Basics of Functional Safety – Requirements for Component Manufacturers (MESCO)
- Overview and implementation of modern fieldbus interfaces for IIoT, safety and parameterization (MESCO)
- Security in IoT: Digital Evolution with “End-to-End Security” (Avnet)
- Simpler software development for industrial and IoT applications – solutions from the perspective of a semiconductor manufacturer (Renesas)
The participants were particularly interested in concrete examples and simplifications concerning the development of sensors and drives. The topic of security was central and interesting discussions developed.