Design Package for Safe Stop Functions
Safe Drive Monitor 1oo2 Core
… faster time to market through MESCO Design Packages!
Functional safety related electrical drives are typically based on hardware and software in a 1-out-of-2-Architecture (1oo2) up to SIL3. The Safe Drive Monitor 1oo2 Core contains safety related hardware designs and Safety software.
The modular design solution supports IEC61800-5-2 Safe drive functions STO, SS1 and can be extended to Advanced speed and position functions.
- Reduced development time and effort
- Project cost reduction
- Shorter time to market
- Lower effort in documentation
- Easy protocol certification
- Lower risk through MESCO‘s TUV certification support
More details: A modular concept
The development of a safe drive is a stepwise implementation:
- Step 1: STO, SS1 triggered by discrete Safe Input (switching off without software)
- Step 2: STO, SS1 triggered by Safe Fieldbus
- Step 3: Safe Drive Functions IEC61800-5-2 with Encoder Feedback
- Step 4: Enhancement with Safe I/O (Logic or Brake Control)
Do you have any questions?
Head of Sales & Marketing