Design package for functionally safe drives
Library Safe drive functions
… faster on the market with MESCO Design Packages!
Anyone who wants to develop industrial drives that are functionally safe must have specific know-how and invest a very high development effort. Especially when extended safety functions are required, e.g. more than just STO – safe torque off, the effort increases significantly!
With the software library for safe drive functions, you acquire encapsulated, tested and ready-to-use software modules. By using them, you realize your product development easier, faster and with significantly less risk.
- Reduced development risk
- Lower costs
- Free development resources
- Shorter time to market
- Simple protocol certification
The library for functionally safe drives consists of 11 safety functions, in accordance with IEC61800-5-2. These safety functions can be easily and quickly integrated on the drive controller or on a safety option board.
Due to the standard-compliant development, the library can be easily integrated directly into your project, thus shortening your development time.
We will be happy to accompany and support you with the integration of the library or with other development tasks.
Block diagram of a functionally safe drive
- Frequency converter
- Servo motors
- Linear motors
Safe drive functions according to IEC 61800-5-2 (PDS/SR) Advanced stop functions
- SS1: safe stop 1
- SS2: safe stop 2
- SOS: safe operating stop Advanced position functions
- SLI: safely-limited increment
- SLP: safely-limited position
- SCA: safe CAM
- SDI: safe direction Advanced speed functions
- SMS: safe maximal speed
- SLS: safely-limited speed
- SSM: safe speed monitor Brake functions
- SBC / SBT: safe brake control / safe brake test Applicable up to SIL3/SILCL3 IEC 61508 / IEC 62061 Applicable up to PLe / CAT4 ISO 13849 Optimized for 32-bit microcontrollers (easy porting)
- Software library as source code (C99 MISRA-C 2012)
- Operating manual
- Technical documentation
- Technical Support
Do you have any questions?
Head of Sales & Marketing