A key technology for process devices is Functional Safety. MESCO extends the range of successful MESCO Safety Design Packages with a tailored architecture for Safe Field Devices in the process industry.
For the first time we present a 1oo1D solution to design field devices with a single-channel architecture functionally safe (SIL2 or SIL2CL3).
Advantages of using the new MESCO development concept:
- PL-d / SIL2 capable hardware
- Generic interfaces
- Library of safety-relevant software artifacts
- Integrated safety functions (I/O, diagnostics, safety layer (e.g. PROFISAFE))
- Based on STM32 microcontroller, developed for ISO13849 / IEC61508 / IEC61511
- Reuse of non-safe existing application code
- Design-in: No separate HW module required
- Support of secure SW protocols
MESCO services at a glance:
- Requirements engineering – product specification support
- Hardware and software development of explosion-proof, intrinsically safe sensor / actuator or control systems
- Development of functional-safe automation components up to the approval stage
- Connection to process controls with fieldbus, HART, IO-Link, SPE/ Ethernet-APL
- Power supply via PoDL (IEEE 802.3bu)
- Proof of conformity IECEx, ATEX, FM, CSA and other international requirements
- Proof of conformity with IEC 61511 / 61508 SIL1-SIL3, EN50271 SIL1, EN50402, ISO 13849 PLe
- Approval support for CE, fieldbus, explosion protection, functional safety
Efficiently extend your product with a Functional Safe Architecture (1oo1D for SIL2/SIL2(SC3) or 1oo2 for SIL3) including the Safe Communication Solution with Ethernet APL.