Implications from requirements of IEC 61508 for one’s own company and its processes are, however, quite significant. MESCO masters the complete route from the concept to the SIL certificate for safety-critical products with their “TÜV Functional Safety Engineers” in the fields of drive technology, process measurement technology and secure field bus communication in collaboration with the TÜV, a group of businesses that provide inspection and product certification services, and consultation for functionally safe developments.
Furthermore, MESCO is an accredited PROFIsafe Competence Center.
A tried and tested cooperation with TÜV Nord provides optimal response times and minimizes development risk by means of coordinated cooperation.
MESCO also collaborates with other organizations such as TÜV Rheinland, TÜV Süd, BGIA, etc.
The following FS standards, among other things, are fulfilled by MESCO developments:
IEC 61508 – Base standard for functional safety of E/E/PE systems
IEC 61511 – Group standard for process industry
EN 62061/EN ISO 13849-1 – Group standard for machines
IEC 61800-5-2 – Stop categories for machines, product standard for drives
Structured, certified development process based on the V-Model
- Workshops for introduction to the development in accordance with IEC 61508
- Consultation alongside your own development in accordance with IEC 61508
- Consultation regarding functional safety management
- Assistance with the preparation of documents and templates pertaining to certification
- Feasibility studies
- Preparation of safety concepts with concept approval
- Hardware and software development of components up to SIL3
- Integration of safe communication for field bus systems (e.g. PROFIsafe V2)
- Development of PC software for parametrization and diagnostics of functionally safe systems
- Support with Concept Approval and certification in accordance with IEC 61508
We are developing for you as well!
Please feel free to contact us for any information or if you have a specific project.