MESCO develops for PA!
MESCO is an experienced service provider for device developments in the field of process automation. At the same time, we are experts in explosion protection, functional safety and industrial communication. We are now pooling our in-depth PA knowledge.
The market trend is clearly moving in the direction of Industry 4.0 / IIoT. The requirements for explosion protection remain, and the topics of functional safety and communication are becoming increasingly central. Due to this, we have realigned our services for PA. As usual, we offer you the latest know-how for the development of modern measuring devices and automation components – from the concept to the complete electronics development to the respective approval.
Typical measurement technology and automation components in the process industry are characterized by the fact that they record simple sensor information (e.g. temperature, pressure) or set and/or monitor valves over comparatively long distances. Even today, this is often done via current loops (4-20mA interfaces).
New technologies are now available and are revolutionizing process automation in the areas of Industry 4.0 / IIoT, predictive maintenance, advanced diagnostics and functional safety.
MESCO develops products for you that meet the new requirements and comply with the worldwide standards for explosion protection and functional safety. With our experience in the development of hardware and software and our TÜV certified engineers and development processes, we develop your field device for you – from the concept, to the complete electronics development, to the approval.
Explosion protection is an essential factor for operation in process automation. MESCO therefore offers intrinsically safe explosion-proof solutions (compliant with international standards IECEx, ATEX, FM, CSA, etc.).
If your devices are to be used in safety functions (SIS/SIF), we develop according to the relevant standards such as IEC 61511/IEC61508 or EN50271/EN50402 (gas warning technology).
Additional flexibility comes with the upcoming introduction of SPE, which makes proven communication technologies now also applicable for the special requirements of PA. MESCO offers SPE and APL integration as an alternative to HART and fieldbus communication. This opens up IIoT functionality, predictive detailed diagnostics and functionally safe communication, independent of the local power supply.
Overview of our services
- Requirements engineering: support in the definition of market-driven products
- Development of explosion-proof, intrinsically safe sensor/actuator or control systems
- Verification of conformity IECEx, ATEX, FM, CSA and other international requirements
- Development of functionally safe automation components up to approval
- Verification of conformity with IEC61511/IEC61508 SIL1 to SIL3, EN50271SIL1, EN50402, ISO 13849 PLd
- Connection to process controllers with fieldbus, HART, IO-Link or SPE Single Pair Ethernet IEEE 802.3cg
- Power supply via PoDL (IEEE 802.3bu)
- Approval support for UL, CE, fieldbus, explosion protection, functional safety
- Technology consulting / studies