Design Package Safe AGV/AMR Monitor
Design Package for the functional safety of mobile robots
… faster time to market through MESCO Design Packages!
The Safe AGV/AMR Monitor Design Package Design Package forms the basis for the HW/SW development of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) and Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) with safety functions.
In the field of automated guided vehicles, there are special requirements for functional safety according to IEC61508, ISO13849 or ISO 3691-4, such as a safe stop during the loading process, emergency stop, safe brake, safe speed, safe load handling, person detection, interfaces to higher-level safety controls, safe data processing, safe I/O, etc.
The MESCO Design Package Safe AGV/AMR Monitor enables custom hardware and software development, shorter time-to-market through the use of proven HW/SW libraries and a certified safety process.
- Directly applicable in SIL2 and SIL3 projects
- Reduced development risk through reuse
- Savings in development due to proven HW/SW
- Simple construction of a first sample by using evaluation boards
- Cost and risk reduction of the project
- Shorter time-to-market through reduction of effort
- Easier product certification to IEC61508, ISO 13849 and ISO 3691-4
- Technical Description
The Safe AGV/AMR Monitor Design Package significantly reduces development time for safety-related AGV/AMR systems. It is available as a hardware/software design package with circuit diagrams and software libraries for a fully customized design.
- Modular safety system software with task handler, cross communication, MCU synchronization and self-test library, HAL
- Safe Torque Off function (STO)
- Test documentation: test cases and test reports (Tessy)
- Safe Digital Input Handler (F-DI) for reading safe input data e.g. from scanners for distance detection of persons and obstacles
- Safe Output Handler (F-DO) for switching emergency stop functions of a drive (STO)
- Safe Brake Control (SBC) Handler
- MESCO Design Package Evaluation Boards: Carrier Board, Safe Core B1, F-I/O C1 (DI/DO), F-I/O C2 (SBC)
MESCO held a webinar on April 5, 2023 on the topic of ‘Functional Safety for AGV & AMR’ and presented, among other things, the Design Package Safe AGV/AMR Monitor. You can watch the video recording of the webinar at the following Link.
All product information and technical descriptions for the MESCO Design Package Safe AGV/AMR Monitor can be found at the following website: https://agv-functional-safety-solutions.mesco-engineering.com/en/