Bundled expertise for your process device development
MESCO develops for PA!
MESCO is an experienced service provider for device development in the field of process automation. At the same time, we are experts in explosion proof, functional safety and industrial communication. We are now pooling our overall PA knowledge.
The trend on the market clearly veers towards Industry 4.0 / IIoT. The requirements for explosion proof remain, the issues of functional safety and communication are becoming more and more central. As a result, we have realigned our services for PA. As usual, we offer you the latest know-how for the development of modern measuring devices and automation components – from the concept to the complete electronics development to the certification.
Typical measuring technology and automation components in the process industry are characterized by the fact that they record simple sensor information (e.g. temperature, pressure). As well they set and / or monitor valves over comparatively long distances. This is still often done via current loops (4-20mA interfaces).
New technologies are now available and are revolutionizing process automation in the areas of Industry 4.0 / IIoT, predictive maintenance, advanced diagnostics and functional safety.
MESCO develops products for its customers that meet the new requirements and global standards for explosion proof and functional safety. With our experience in the development of hardware and software, with our TUV certified engineers and our development processes, we develop your field device – from the concept, the complete electronics development to the approval.
Explosion protection is an essential factor for operation in process automation. MESCO therefore offers its own safe Explosion Proof solutions (conforming to international standards such as IECEx, ATEX, FM, CSA, etc.).
We implement sensors and actuators with functional safety functions (SIS / SIF) according to the relevant standards such as IEC61511 / IEC61508 or EN50271 / EN50402.
Additional flexibility comes with the introduction of Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) with Power Over Data Line (PoDL), which makes proven communication technology suitable for the special requirements of PA. As an alternative to HART and fieldbus communication, MESCO offers the integration of SPE and APL. This opens up IIoT functionality, predictive detailed diagnostics, functionally safe communication, regardless of the local power supply.
An overview of our services
- Requirements engineering: support in the definition of marketable products
- Development of explosion-proof, intrinsically safe sensor / actuator or control systems
- Proof of conformity with IECEx, ATEX, FM, CSA and other international requirements
- Development of functionally safe automation components up to approval
- Proof of conformity with IEC61511 / IEC61508 SIL1 to SIL3, EN50271SIL1, EN50402, ISO 13849 PLd
- Connection to process controls with fieldbus, HART, IO-Link or SPE Single Pair Ethernet IEEE 802.3cg
- Power supply via PoDL (IEEE 802.3bu)
- Approval support for UL, CE, fieldbus, explosion protection, functional safety
- Technology consulting / studies